Email and Paypal 

(615) 973 - 1874


Rottweiler Breeders in Tennessee

Rat Poisioning in dogs


Warfarin is one of the most common components. Warfarin is an anticoagulant chemical that disrupts the blood's ability to clot.


Excellent video explaining rat poisioning in dogs.

  • Blood in Feces
  • Blood in Urine
  • Bloody Nose
  • Coughing up Blood
  • Pale Gums
  • Internal Bleeding
  • Firm Abdomen from internal bleeding
  • Weakness

Symptoms may not be evident until 36-48 hours after the dog has ingested the toxin.

Unfortunatly, most dogs die because the symptoms are not immediate and a delayed diagnosis means a worse prognosis for the poisoned dog.

The most effective treatment is giving large doses of vitamin K, which helps restore the blood's ability to clot.

If your dog had ingested rat poision I suggest taking your dog to a vet because some dogs also need IV fluids and blood transfusions.